Guyanese sponge cake recipe | Recipe for guyanese sponge cake
Guyanese sponge cake recipe
Guyanese sponge cake recipe | Recipe for guyanese sponge cakeI've been getting demand for Guyanese sponge cake and concluded to do a trial. Guyanese sponge cake is a Christmas staple along side dark cake and ginger beer. I've made this before yet it's been for such a long time it was like new to me once more.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 small eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest.
- Preheat stove to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs each in turn, ensuring they are all around consolidated before you add another egg.
- Blend in vanilla concentrate and orange zing. Gradually add flour and blend until all around consolidated.
- Fill a lubed 9 inch cake skillet that has been line with material paper and heat at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cake ought to spring back when delicately contacted. Eliminate from broiler and permit to cool for 10 minutes prior to eliminating from container.
- When the cake is out of the skillet, eliminate the material paper and dispose of. Permit cake to cool on a rack prior to serving.